[TR] tr3 headlight rim

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 24 17:09:33 MDT 2015

> The thing that caught my eye about the LED H4 inserts listed
> below is the fact that there is no HI/LO dimmer feature.
> Apparently the bulbs are one brightness and that's it.

Possibly I linked to the wrong ones.  The ones I got very definitely change brightness and direction (and power) and have H4 plugs
(H11 plug is different).  I didn't have any smoked glass handy to check (no way am I going to look directly at them), but I believe
what happens is that only the two LEDs nearest the tip operate on "low beam", and the third kicks in for "high beam".  Keep in mind
that each of the three LEDs puts out more light than a standard H4 bulb.

Not certain, but I think the "one position" comment in the ad only applies to the H11/H9/H8 version of the bulb.  Those bulbs were
single filament originally, so it makes sense that the replacement would be the same.  One of the photos makes the point that the
H11 replacement is the same except for the mounting flange and power supply/plug.  The seller apparently does not edit the ad to
match the bulb being offered.  (Very likely, English is not his/her primary language.)

At any rate, I'm just reporting what I did.  Caveat emptor and all that.  If you have doubts, I recommend contacting the seller
directly.

-- Randall