[TR] TR3A Rear Shock Links

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Mar 23 18:05:37 MDT 2015

> Car is a 1959 TR3a that was not "restored" until I took it on
> in 2004.  ISTR that I re-used the original shock links.
> While I have the car on blocks, I'm considering replacing.
>
> 1.  How do you know if they're bad?

In my case, it's always been easy.  The rubber in the joint at the shock "goes away" until you can move the shock arm up and down
with the link attached.  I'm actually trying replacing the rubber with Delrin, which seems to be working OK so far.

> 2.  Can I just remove and replace with the lever shocks still
> in place?

Might be possible, but I found it a lot easier to take the shock loose.  The link hits the frame before the pin comes out of the
shock lever.

-- Randall