[TR] Gasket removal

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Mar 11 21:26:45 MDT 2015

> This has probably been beaten to death around the Interwebs, but
> what's the current wisdom for removing petrified paper gaskets, such
> as the float bowl gasket on a Z-S CD150?

I picked up a can of Loctite "Chisel" gasket remover.
http://www.henkelna.com/product-search-1554.htm?nodeid=8797899325441

Seems to work well, although it is kind of slow and tedious.  You spray it on, wait for it to soften the top layer, scrape that away
and do it again.

Likely any "aircraft" paint stripper with methylene chloride would work, but I've only tried the Loctite version.

-- Randall