[TR] 2015 Kastner Cup Event update

J.C. Hassall jhassall at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:38:05 MDT 2015

Folks,

The Kastner Cup Event at Summit Point 14-17 MAY is shaping up very well.
Not only will there be excellent vintage racing, there will be also be a
big car show, laps of the course in your street car and Triumph
celebrities.  Spectator entry is only $25 at the gate for the whole four
day weekend - an incredible deal!  Triumphs will be running in the regular
race groups twice a day or more throughout the weekend.  Racing starts
mid-day Friday, while Saturday is the big race day, with the Kastner Cup
race culminating the day.  The complete schedule and track info is
available at
http://www.vrgonline.org/events/jefferson/2015/j500_2015_schedule.pdf .

There will be a car show Saturday, along with charity laps on Saturday.
The vintage car show, which will include mostly classic cars and imports, a
few hot rods, tuner cars, etc., will be in the field overlookng turn 8 on
Saturday.  There may also a Triumphs-only track lap session for street cars
at noon Saturday (money goes to the Wounded Warrior Project) if there are
25 entries.  Contact Chuck Tilley (fasttrackchuck at gmail.com) for info,
which is also available on the Country Roads Car Club Web site (
www.countryroadscc.com).  There will be at least two clubs participating,
so turnout will be incredible and a great place to meet other folks on this
list.

We'll be able to rub elbows with Kas and Peg, Bob Tullius, the Triumph
racers, and Burt Levy if he comes.  We'll also see Kas' original GT6, Brian
Fuerstenau's Group 44 GT6 and the Macau/Kastner tribute car.

Kastner Cup 2015 Shirts may be ordered until 1 APR.  Cost is only $20 for S
thru XL, $21 for XXL and $22 for XXXL.  Shipping is $2.50/shirt or free
delivery at the track.  I can accept PayPal (jhassall at vt.edu - pls use the
Send Money function to avoid fees) or checks.  My address is
103 Airport Rd.
Blacksburg  VA  24060

The shirts will feature Clark Lincoln's incredible artwork on the front
with drivers' names on the back.  I have been told that this shirt will be
a collectible due to the awesome artwork.

jim