[TR] Further follow up on my Squeal

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Fri Jun 26 14:43:15 MDT 2015

Today, I took apart my tachometer and was able to flush all the old grease (well most of it I think) from the bearing where the cable connects. I held it "face up" so I wouldn't get crap in or on the cup or the magnet and used carburetor cleaner and compressed air until clear fluid came out. It turned pretty smootly after that. I put a few drops of silicone spray on a screwdriver and worked it into the bushing just to get some lubricant in there. I thought about using white lithium grease but figured it might be too thick.
After re-installing the tach, there is no more noise and in fact it seems much smoother now.
I received my front brake shims yesterday so I am going to install those this weekend along with a set of the vinyl covered door top pieces. That should be interesting.. It's suppose to rain here all day tomorrow so I should have plenty of time.
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a.com