[TR] Gunst throw out bearing question

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Thu Jun 25 16:18:25 MDT 2015

So back a million years ago when I was rebuilding the engine on my TR4A (by the way, isn't it odd that the "4" key and the "$" key are only a shift away from each other? I think not!) anyway,, I decided to go with The Roadster Factory "Magic Clutch" setup which included the Gunst throw out bearing. My Triumph has developed an occasional squeal much like a bearing going bad. Naturally, I think the worse but what experiences good or bad have you guys had using the Gunst throwout bearing?
Secondly, what is the down side of removing the spring that keeps the bearing on the clutch fingers?
Thanks
Dave Connitt