[TR] nice price or crack pipe

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon Jun 22 21:19:38 MDT 2015

Sorry to digress, but all the talk about "what is your time worth" triggered 30 plus year dormant brain cells and the "rational economic man" memory, then I Google it and saw the quote, not only about doing what made economic sense, but also about seeking comfort, etc. It just made me chuckle when contrasting it to working on and driving an old Triumph for fun.

Of course when Mill came up with his theory the working class generally started doing hard manual labor at a young age and   continued on the same track til death, so "seeking comfort and luxory" in that life might make more sense than it does today when even the moderately affluent have the means, time, and energy to go out to the garage and get greasy.

Greg Lemon