[TR] Nice Price or Crack Pipe?

J.C. Hassall jhassall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 09:11:06 MDT 2015

The fellow from whom I bought our '63 TR4 21 years ago told me that he was working on another 4 in which he had more than 40k (which I suspected was a fisherman's tale).  Now that our car is 99.9% finished, (90% to go) it is probably pushing Leon's figure.  Frame off resto, except paint there's nothing that I haven't done myself. I rebuilt the diff (Quaife LSD, new R & P), rebuilt the gbx and added an OD, very high perf engine (except machine work, all my work), new electrics, high perf suspension, the list goes on ...  it is a streetable version of my old DP car.  I bought the car to teach our daughter about cars.  Now that it is "finished" she reminds me that it is her car. Bzzzt, wrong answer.

I don't mean to brag, but I am very happy with the result.  The originality police would have apoplexy but it handles like a slot car and goes like lightning.

jim

Fat-thumbed from my iPhone