[TR] stupidity

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Wed Jun 10 15:17:46 MDT 2015

So I had a car on 4 jack stands while I bled the brakes.  Jacked it up at
the front (removed stands) and then thought "I should lower the back first".
So I then jacked up the back and removed the stands.  Jacks front and rear -
bad idea.  Car slipped off the front jack, hit the radiator and drove it up
and into the front apron.

Sheer stupidity.

I was telling a friend who told me he was taking an engine out of a car and
didn't have an engine lift.  So he borrowed his child's swing and
jerry-rigged a pulley.  The weight of the engine broke the swing stand and
the engine fell down on the steering column, bending it beyond repair.

I am SURE no-one out there has ever done anything as stupid.  But if you
have, and sufficient time has elapsed to share it, I'd love to hear.  Misery
loves company and repairing and repainting the front apron is going to cost
- well, you know.

Andrew Uprichard