[TR] TR3 Budget Lock

Keith Stewart keithstewart at bell.net
Thu Jul 30 13:26:47 MDT 2015

> On July 29, 2015 at 6:03:42 PM EDT, Terry Smith wrote:
>

> Budget lock????  All right.  I confess, I put the rear tire well lid on with pretty new toilet seat escutcheons about 13 years ago and haven't opened it since.  Now I can't remember the fastener used.  Looks like a duzi.  Used a long-handled flathead, and found it's a simple lever.  Guess that's why it's a budget lock.

If you look closely inside that budget lock you will see that that lever has a square hole that can be rotated to lock/unlock the mechanism. Your flathead screwdriver likely inserted diagonally across the square and therefore worked for you. The tool for the job (TR3 bonnet, boot and spare tire lid) is 602012 as shown here:
http://trf.zeni.net/TR2-TR3Handbook/24.php#navbar <http://trf.zeni.net/TR2-TR3Handbook/24.php#navbar>

Keith Stewart
keithstewart at bell.net