[TR] Let me just say

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jul 25 19:20:59 MDT 2015

> Let me ask the question a different way, then.
>
> How much play for the clutch pedal to point of clutch engagement is too
> little?  Since I've adjusted the clutch I get about halfway up before the
> clutch engages, it goes into first gear easily, and because I have more
> play than recommended between the slave and the clutch lever, I'm sure of
> full clutch pad engagement.

Any play at all is enough to ensure that the full force of the pressure
plate is taken by the friction plate (ie clutch fully engaged).  A little
bit of play helps ensure that the TOB gets lifted away from the fingers
(ensuring no wear or noise from rubbing at that point).  Any more than that
is just wasted motion.

As long as you can get enough travel to ensure that the clutch is fully
released, you don't have too much freeplay, IMO.  (That said, my preference
is to have engagement relatively high, meaning little freeplay.  I actually
set mine tighter than the 0.1" spec.)

Randall