[TR] TR3 Engine

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Jul 2 17:38:07 MDT 2015

Coffee table!

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: terryrs <terryrs at comcast.net>
To: triumphs <triumphs at autox.team.net>
Sent: Thu, Jul 2, 2015 5:53 pm
Subject: [TR] TR3 Engine

Sappy or Super?

Young girl on Craiglist in the town where I work posted a
TR3 engine for $200.  Needs rebuild, I'm assuming.  Sent an e-mail begging that,
if she can't sell it, not to throw it away.  Offered $50 if no one serious
called.  Not because I wanted it, I explained, because I already have rebuilt a
spare engine waiting in the wings, but rather because I wanted to see it
saved.

Drat.

She e-mailed me back offering it to me for $50.  Rats.  So I
went and picked it up today.  Now I don't know what to do with it!

Thought I
might just do a rebuild and sell it on E-Bay.  Checked there and they do have
one for sale ($4,500), and 23 people are watching but nobody's bid.

Have no
idea what to do with it, other than park it in a corner of the garage for a
third spare head, crank, pulley, etc. etc.

Thoughts?

Terry Smith, '59
TR3A
New Hampshire