[TR] 62 TR4 Steering shaft

James Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:29:25 MST 2015

Ok, I finally got time to work on the 62 TR4 restoration project again.  I
just tried to install the steering shaft onto the steering rack.  I noticed
that the shaft was hitting at the top of the orig fuel pump,  right at the
junction of the fuel inlet nut.  I couldn't get the steering shaft attached
without removing the fuel pump.  It is acting like the engine is up to high.
Engine is stalled with tranny and all new rubber mounts.  It is an AC orig
fuel pump.  What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Henningsen

62 TR4 (down to one - parts car had to be stripped and left sent to
recycler.  She was a rusty beast, but very helpful with orig parts)

75 TR6 (awaiting new JK Jackson built high output engine)

68 Land Rover (Stanley)

Ocala, FL