[TR] TR250 Windshield Wiper Motor and switch

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Sat Jan 10 17:14:42 MST 2015

Hi,
I got the wiper switch out and got it working the way I think it is
supposed to work.

But when I put it in the car, I still only have one speed on the wiper
motor.   I have been trying to follow Dan Master's TR250 - 6 manual, but
my lack of electrical comprehension is showing.

On page 133, he mentions that for high speed operation "Both the
terminal 'S' and Terminal 'F' of the dash switch have been shorted to
ground."  But the diagram on page 134 for high speed operation seems to
show current through the ground and one of the other terminals on the
switch.  I would have though with both terminals shorted to ground there
would be current through both wires to the switch.

Also, when testing the motor (page 136), it says "Step 1)  With the
ignition key on, use a short piece of wire to connect the appropriate
from the wiper motor to a good ground.  If only the low speed works,
ground the terminal with the N/LG wire.  If only the high speed works ,
ground the R/LG wre.  If the motor doesn't work in the proper speed when
the terminal is grounded the wiper motor is defective..."

So, I was wondering, do I need to connect both the R/LG and N/LG to
ground to test if the fast speed is working?

One more question.  The three wires going into the motor all seem to be
the same color.  How do I know which should be hooked to which wire in
the harness?  I think I have the Green wire figured out, but not sure
about the other two.  I looked a another motor from a GT6 and the three
wires going into it all seem to be the same color as well.

Thanks,
Roger Elliott