[TR] GT6 Cabriolet

jmbs46 at comcast.net jmbs46 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 10:48:03 MST 2015

Hi folks.

I have a couple more questions on the GT6 I was hoping for some wisdom here.

1- I have the choice of using a '73 '3 rail' trans that came with the GT6 chassis or a '78 'Marina' trans from my '78 Spitfire donor car. Any recommendations? I am planning on 'massaging' the 2.0 liter inline 6 to about 130 HP or so. I understand both trannies are equivalent in handling engine power (apparently not very) :)

2- I also understand the diffs are pretty much the same as far as power handling. I plan on getting and overdrive, so is the 3.89 ratio from the Spitfire is what the factory used in the US. But, apparently the German GT6s with OD used the US non OD ratio, the 3:27, maybe that is better for a more relaxed cruise? Not planning on drag racing much, but also don't want a car that cant get out of its own way.