[TR] TR3 rear spring specification

John Macartney john.macartney at ukpips.org.uk
Wed Feb 18 13:58:49 MST 2015

Delving into my ancient archive of Sales Technical Data for sidescreen TR's
I read - and quote:

"The suspension systems vary according to the eventual destination market.
Essentially, suspension systems are designated as Domestic and Heavy Duty
with the latter being fitted as standard for export markets in developing
countries - Africa, South America, Puerto Rico, Middle and Far East.
There are two types of Domestic suspension arrangement in which the spring
periodicity varies. Again, periodicity is market dependent and as an
example, cars destined for Canada and the United States use different
periodicity units resulting in a slightly firmer ride quality allied to a
marginally higher ride height, than units specified for the UK domestic and
western European markets. Front coil springs and rear leaf springs are
identified by differing paint colour splashes and reference should be made
to the appropriate Service Information Sheets and Spare Parts Data Bulletins
to identify market suitability to displayed colours." Unquote

Not a lot of help - but maybe a bit?

Jonmac