[TR] TR4 AC Fuel Pump

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 22:46:03 MST 2015

> I, too, would like to keep the car looking at original as
> possible. One thought would be to leave the mechanical fuel
> pump in place but actually push the fuel using the Facet.

Maybe I'm missing the point.  I've been running stock mechanical pumps for almost 40 years now with relatively little trouble.  Had
to rebuild to be compatible with ethanol, but that would have been true with an electric pump as well.  (In fact, the electric on my
motorhome gen set had the diaphragm turn to goo.)  Never been stranded by a mechanical pump, although the electric on the Stag has
done.

> Can the mech fuel pump primer lever still
> work if you disable the rest of the pump?

No need for it, electric pumps prime as soon as you turn the key on.  Which is good if you have fuel leaks you can't be bothered to
fix.

Unless of course it is a float valve that leaks.  The Stag motor actually hydrolocked on fuel going past a leaking float valve, when
I forgot and left the key on while packing it to go to VTR 2005.  Stupid thing to do, but I was tired and in a hurry, a bad
combination.

> If you do install a Facet, which one (pressure),

The one Moss sells is rated for 2.5 to 4.0 psi; but I believe the original spec was 1.5 to 2.5 psi.

-- Randall