[TR] TR3 Horn Wiring

Keith Stewart keithstewart at bell.net
Thu Aug 27 08:38:30 MDT 2015

> On Aug 27, 2015, at 10:32 AM, Randall <tr3driver at ca.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> The twin horns on a TR3 have two electrical connections each. The wiring
>> diagram shows these as Brown with Green tracer and Brown with Black
>> tracer. Is there an orientation to which wire attaches to which connector
>> on the horn?
>
> Doesn't make any difference which is which.  The horns are not polarity
> sensitive, and neither connection is grounded to the case.
>
> -- Randall
Hmm. I have connections to each (one N/G and one N/B) and pressing the horn button gives a brief, muffled  hmph. Yet when I was taking one apart, I shorted something inside the horn that gave off a load blast the way it should be. Seems something must be amiss in the wiring. BTW, I had no connections to the horns from the N/B connectors so I made up two short 14 gauge wires with bullet connections.

Keith Stewart
keithstewart at bell.net