[TR] Removing diff flang

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Aug 26 06:26:53 MDT 2015

> Will these come off with a simple 3 jaw puller? I don't want to bend them.

Mine came off easily in a press; so I'd think they would come off without
excessive force using a 3-jaw.  I also think you are unlikely to bend them,
as long as you quit when/if the force required gets too high.  Go up to 60
ftlb or so, then try rapping on the forcing screw with a BFH.  If that
doesn't pop them loose, it's time to find another approach.

I haven't tried it since I got my own press, but the local independent auto
parts house used to press things apart for me for free, even if they
couldn't sell me the new parts required (eg bearing & seal for the stub
shaft).  They knew I'd buy the next part from them if I could.

Randall