[TR] TR3 question

John Macartney john.macartney at ukpips.org.uk
Fri Aug 14 15:17:19 MDT 2015

In today's safety conscious age, I suppose the grab handle does look a bit
out of place, bearing in mind safety belts hadn't registered on the
Standard-Triumph Engineering or Production radars of the fifties and
sixties. So yup, it's a good place to test the uncrackability of your skull
or compression resistance of front teeth :) But if anyone gets the
opportunity of checking out a pre-war MG PA/PB or even a J2, not only did
the passenger have the opportunity of smashing themselves against the grab
handle, they had the added pleasure of an ignition key and main lighting
switch ensuring the 'job' was really done properly!

Jonmac