[TR] My damned clutch!

John Summers rivers2hills at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 13:52:07 MDT 2015

Dear fellow knuckle heads ( for owning these demon Triumphs) :))
I changed the slave cylinder (clutch), bled it, bla, blah,bla . Due to my overallhealth, the room between the car and my garage wall, and mental health it took me quite a while ( months ) to finish the job any competent mechanic could make the two hour job.Purchased my '74 TR6 in 1998. I lusted for one since they first hit the market.Ok, so much for the back round info.  I took it for a short drivejust  to test my work, it worked well. It sat two weeks before I bravely set out on a 2 mile roundtrip to CVS.  Turning off the main road into the parking lot and !!! SURPRISE !!!! it wouldn't go into 2nd gear orany gear.  I smashed into "gear".It wasn't pretty driving home but got it into the yard.  Wouldn't go into any gear.The only thing I could think of besides toping off the clutch fluid, down 1/4", Would possiblybe the clutch lever which has three holes in it.  I don't remember which hole I used.  Assuming I had it in the center hole, which hole would move the clutch most (and hopefully)make the damn thing work.  I'm tired of being afraid to drive it and have absolutely NO MORE MONEY to spend on repairs. Probably spent $3,000 in the last year and a half and thousands since '98.Somebody  give me a Miata:)))