[TR] Electric Fuel Pump

Rick chandler.rick at comcast.net
Sat Aug 8 12:07:02 MDT 2015

The low-pressure Facet pump for my TR3A is located on the frame in the left
rear wheel well, along with an in-line filter and a shut-off valve,
underneath the fuel tank feed line. I kept the original mechanical pump in
place (no guts, just the filter and sight glass and a thin blanking plate)
to preserve OEM appearances, and simply ran the new fuel line to the old
pump input port. I can reach the shut-off valve with the wheel in place, but
I usually remove the wheel when servicing the filter at spring start-up. The
Facet pump is powered by a separate dash switch which allows me to futz
around with the car electrics without operating the pump, and also provides
a small amount of security (are thieves really that dumb?). At spring
start-up, I find that I need to flow 1-2 pints of fuel through the lines
until the fuel (stabilized) runs clear of absorbed water, and the Facet
makes this task easy.

Rick in Seattle

1960 TR3A

1970 BSA Victor Special 441