[TR] Painting TR3A leaf springs and lever shocks

Mo and Dave MacKay m.d.mackay at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 5 06:36:33 MDT 2015

Hello:

I will be installing new leaf springs (Moss 851-195) and lever shocks (Moss
670-020/670-030)  in my TR3A. Before doing so, I would like to paint them.

>From Piggott's Original Triumph TR2/3/3A, I've learned that the springs
should be painted black and that the shocks can be either black or natural
metal colour.

I've two questions:

1)      Should the black be glossy, semi-gloss, or flat?

2)      Do I need to mask off anything on the shocks to ensure that the
paint doesn't impair their operation?

I'd welcome any comments from those that have BTDT.

Thank-you,

Dave MacKay

1960 TR3A s/n 68639L

Near Toronto, Canada