[TR] Spitfire and GT6 vertical link?

Andrew S. Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 13:28:21 MDT 2014

 Yes, they are different, as the Spitfire (save for very early ones) had
caliper mounting ears cast into the link, and the tie rod bolted in part to
the back of the stub axle;the GT6 utilized a bolt-on mounting plate for the
(larger on the GT6) calipers, and a different tie rod passed through the
vertical link and bolted to the back of same.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs
Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet,
it's more your, er, Triumph Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines
Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6
vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check
out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us