[TR] TR4 radiator shrouds

Brian Thomas thomasb at queensu.ca
Wed Sep 24 08:41:51 MDT 2014

Hi Brad,

I recently installed the GoodParts shrowd on our TR4A replacing two previous
cardboard versions that quickly became mis-shaped after getting damp.

... and it's hard to dive in the rain without this happening!

I don't understand what you mean be wider at the back as the shrowd sits
slightly inboard of the radiator sides.  I can send pics if you're curious.

Regarding installation of the GoodParts shrowd, I was initially concerned
about the top piece being straight where it meets the front of the car which
is V-shaped.  I asked the list if this was a common problem and also emailed
back and forth with Richard Good.  Nobody had experienced a problem so I
decided to go ahead and live with a slight gap in the middle at the front
(which was present with both the cardboard products).  My thought was the
wiring harness would hide this anyway.  Turned out NOT to be a problem as the
mid-position body mounting point is higher than the outside points and this
results in a perfect fit to the V-shaped body panel.  Richard's product looks
really "good"!

Cheers,

Brian