[TR] TR6 Ignition Switch Questions

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at TR6.Danielsonfamily.org
Wed Sep 10 14:59:14 MDT 2014

As you can see from the attached diagram, there is a very small set screw
that holds the two pieces together. Can't help you with the other questions.

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/
1975 Mimosa TR6
TBI, 5 Speed, LSD, CVJs

-----Original Message-----
From: William Brewer
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:31 AM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] TR6 Ignition Switch Questions

     My ignition switch on my 1974 TR6 is problematic. The back of the
switch is all wobbly and you have to stick your hand behind the switch and
push it in to get contact to start the car.
     Last night I laid on my back and got back there and the whole thing
just sort of wobbled apart. Now I am not sure how to get it back together.
     1. Was there supposed to be a screw that holds it all together tight?
     2. The metal socket that the porcelain part pushes in to is all wobbly.
Is there a way to tighten it up?
     3. A steel ball, like a ball bearing, fell out. Where does that go?
     4. Is there a link somewhere to a TR6 ignition switch rebuilding
website?
     5. How hard is it and how long does it take to change out the ignition
switch? The steering wheel lock looks like something to avoid messing with.
     6. Should I just get a new switch and start over?
     Please help!

     It might be best to contact me off-list.
     TIA,

     -Bill Brewer

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/75tr6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of IgnitionSwitch.jpg]