[TR] TR6 Strange Front End Noise

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Sat Sep 6 07:58:22 MDT 2014

Martin,

Many front-end noises from "bumps" can be traced to loose body/frame
pieces, radiator supports, etc.

Try taking a large rubber mallet and banging on the underneath suspension
(not too aggressively!) and around the sway bar and bottom of radiator
bracket....repeat the process with both front wheels off the  ground.  While the
wheels are up, hit the tire on the tread with the  rubber mallet.  Check
the front disk rotor dust shields...they can get  distorted and bent towards
the rotor especially down at the bottom.

You didn't say what year your TR6 is but if it's an early car with rostyle
wheel covers, they can create a metallic tinging noise if they don't fit
tightly.

good luck,

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs,  Ltd.
Skippack, PA

In a message dated 9/5/2014 5:05:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,