[TR] what's that noise? update

Peter Arakelian peterara at msn.com
Wed Oct 29 13:32:49 MDT 2014

   Want to thank all for input.

I had some say it was brake noise:  I checked brakes all looks well.  When I
backed the front pads off the and flicked the metal shims it was a noise of
similar tone, but all looked and functioned well.

Some said rear hubs:  I jacked up the rear end pulled & pushed, wobbled
vertically & horizontally - no play.

Some said u-joints - here it got interesting.  One of the rare noises it makes
sometimes when it does make its tinny sound is a slight bump or knock.  It has
also made the tinny sound most often when I pull into my driveway over the
bump in transition from street to driveway.  I do this at an angle, slowly.
As the right rear wheels come up over the bump - noise.  So I will inspect
u-joints next.

Keep all advised.

Again thanks to all, if anyone thinks of more, please don't hesitate...

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver