[TR] Non-Triumph question about Lotus Europa

Dixie4 dixie4.wales at virgin.net
Sat Oct 18 16:33:49 MDT 2014

There were two engines fitted to The Lotus Europa .
The single cam was a Renault 16 engine.
The twin cam being Ford based.
Therefore the mechanical fuel pump is a universal British Ford fitment made
in the millions.
It was fitted to all OHV Pre crosflow and cross flow engines 1100, 1200,
1300,1600cc from the late 50's until early 80's.
The cars it was fitted to are Anglia, Cortina Mk 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Capri Mk 1,
2, 3, Escort Mk1, 2, Fiesta  and Mk3 Escort (ohv only),
Plenty of models to choose from, many exported to US sometimes under
different model names.
Early ones had a glass fuel chamber, later ones tin. Some with push
connections some screw type. If you have trouble locating one I could source
one here in UK. Although I do not think you will have much trouble locating
one in the US if you know what you are looking for.
The Triumph pump will not fit.

Adrian
Wales, UK
TR and Lotus Owner