[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 7, Issue 295

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Wed Oct 15 18:42:43 MDT 2014

Yes , the regulator I designed is about to be introduced by CDRC in a month.

No, the field is not driven above the system voltage, just through a FET with
a fairly low RDS. The FET has some special stuff to get it to turn on at a
fairly low dynamo output

On my reg, I seem to get to a charge neutral output at night with headlights
on at maybe 1200 engine RPM

Ate you sure both your field coils are working properly.

On my test rig I don't have the ability to slow down the driving motor.  I
will have to check this out on my car to measure the exact RPM to get charge
neutral with EVERYTHING on

-Tony

Sent from my iPhone