[TR] Headlight Update

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Wed Oct 15 08:20:52 MDT 2014

> It looks like I'll need to buy new headlights too. I thought I'd be able to
> use halogen bulbs for my Lucas PL700 repros, but it now appears that they're
> not reproduction after all. Now I know why the PO had the ugly (IMHO) wire
> headlight protectors!
There are, or used to be, halogen bulbs that fit the PL700. I ran that
way for a while ... it's not actually worth it. The problem is not
(just) the bulb, but also the reflector and lens design.

Get a decent set of modern lights, like Cibie E codes, and you'll be
amazed at how much better you can see even with the stock wiring (but
add the relays to avoid destroying the switch).