[TR] Headlight Update

Dixie4 dixie4.wales at virgin.net
Tue Oct 14 22:14:34 MDT 2014

The legal standard in UK is 65/50W I would not have thought an extra relay
was required. However, this is a personal opinion and experience.
I have successfully used 100watt H4 bulbs for off road use in standard 7"
round headlamps as a replacement for 65watt bulbs with standard wiring
without mishap. I must state that is was on 70's Ford Escort which may
possibly have had heavier wiring than a TR3 as standard. The only time I had
to fit relays was when fitting four huge Cibi Super Oscar spot lamps.
Oh those were the days...........120mph down forest tracks 1 1/2 times the
width of the car, at night, after a hard days work. Must have been mad!!!

Adrian,
Wales UK