[TR] More thoughts on installing my TR4A top

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Fri Oct 10 08:34:55 MDT 2014

Hello,
One more thing I need to figure out the assembly sequence on is that the
little retainer bar that I bolt down to the top of the body behind the seats
at the moment doesn't have the male lift-a-dot studs in it. I think the
original studs were threaded on the back and were attached with a nut. They
were hopelessly rusted so I am pretty sure I pitched them years ago. I have
since powder coated the retainer bar at the same time I had the metal top
frame powder coated. I am thinking I should attach all the studs at one time
vs. doing them one at a time as I locate and punch the snap holes in the top.
The reason is I think the threaded male lift-a-dot studs are probably no
longer available as I think the new ones I am getting are crimped on somehow.
Has anyone done this recently on their cars?
Also, I need a souce for the small rubber bumper that is used to adjust the
top mechanism.
Thanks,
Dave