[TR] TR6 temp gage issues

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Nov 30 16:19:04 MST 2014

I don't know your meter and I don't know if the readings are
significant of
anything.  The Continuity test on most meters is good
for finding closed
contacts and wire connections.  If you switch over
to Ohms you will get
readings with significance.

Presuming the numbers you are getting are KOhms
your values are not too
far off and I suspect your temp senders are OK.  If
anything they may
be reading a bit high which would give you low readings,
not high.  My
experience with thermistors is that when they go bad they go
open and
that is not the case here.  And you are getting the same results
with
swapping out the senders and the gauges.  So what is common among these
two setups?  The voltage stabilizer for one.  And the wiring.  The wire
between the sender and the gauge can be bypassed with a couple of
jumpers.
The Voltage Stabilizer can be checked with the volt meter.
That would be my
next step.

Dave Massey