[TR] removing a broken bolt

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Tue Nov 25 11:14:55 MST 2014

If the top of the bolt is near the surface, I've had good luck on
rocker pedestal studs just using a small chisel and a hammer.  If
there's a little protrusion of any sort, use the corner of the chisel
against it and tap lightly with the hammer to try to rotate it in the
direction of removal.  If you're lucky the remaining chunk will start
turning and you can unscrew it this way.

Tony Drews