[TR] TR4 - TR5 boot seal rubber

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 07:46:08 MST 2014

I installed mine with the lip to the inside.  I was replacing the original
so I would have just copied what  was on the car (been 13 years ago so the
memory is dim).

Not all supplied seals are the same.  Here is the profile of the one I used:

http://s1214.photobucket.com/user/Ahwahnee18/media/TR4/Seal-2_zps39e73a91.jpg.html?sort=9&o=134

Here is someone else's:

http://s1214.photobucket.com/user/Ahwahnee18/media/TR4/Seal-1_zps90facf2f.jpg.html?sort=9&o=133

Alas - I do not recall off hand where I got mine.  The lid sits correctly
along the top but projects out a small amount along the bottom edge.  I do
not know that I can blame the seal for that.

I agree a softer seal would be easier to work with, though over time
(months maybe years) even the stiff one will take a suitable set.

I did have some trouble finding a glue that would hold the lower edge - it
wanted to pull away as the boot lid was closed -- I finally succeeded in
keeping it in place with Gorilla Glue.

Geo