[TR] TR3 Timing Chain Cover

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Nov 15 18:09:51 MST 2014

> It's been a few years but as I recall there is a standoff behind that
> bolt
> hole.  This is one more piece that secures the cover to the engine
> and in
> addition it will dampen any buzzing the stamped steel cover may
> be prone to
> do.  The TR6 has no such feature and as a result they
> slathered it with some
> vibration dampening goo at the factory instead.

Right, there is a special stud that supports the cover on the TR2-4.  P/N 56763  It's listed in the SPC but not illustrated. It
should also have a fiber washer/gasket between it and the cover (P/N 33085), which wasn't in the past few gasket sets I bought, so I
cut one from the unused carb gaskets.

The TR3 apparently also got the "goo" treatment, but most people (including myself) cleaned it off without realizing it should be
there.

Randall