[TR] early 63 TR4

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Nov 14 00:00:31 MST 2014

> the knobs on the dashboard support (I havenbt gotten to the
> others yet) b
> looks like there is a little hole, and inside that a piece of
> metal b that
> you depress, and the knob slides off?
>
> I think mine are stuck.  they are not in great shape b just
> cut them off if
> I canbt pull them out with the little thingee depressed?  carbs been
> sitting for 25+ years.

What worked for me (on a friend's TR6) was to use a pair of the smallest pry
bars from HF along with some scraps of wood to avoid
marring the dash.  One pry bar on each side, so the force on the knob was
straight out.  Definitely took some force, but they all
came off intact.
http://tinyurl.com/4qjnawz

Randall