[TR] J-Type Overdrive oddity

David Greed david.greed at wave.co.nz
Sat Nov 8 01:58:45 MST 2014

Hi there

It has been a while since I have been looking at these lists, so please
forgive me if this question has been asked.

I have recently started driving my Stag again after a long period (5 years).

The overdrive is working, but only after the car has driven for about 10
kilometers or so. Once it kicks in the first time, it works perfectly from
thereon. The lock out switch was suspected, and the lucar connections to it
were loose, so these have been replaced, but the switch itself has tested
fine. I hope it is not some anomaly the switch, because it is a real pain to
get to. (dropping the gearbox mounting frame which means undoing the from
exhaust pipes.

My thinking is the gearbox oil and possibly the filters - thoughts?

DavidG