[TR] 4 vs 6 vane water pump impellor

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Sat May 31 11:07:55 MDT 2014

Bob, I agree with the reply saying more flow should result on BETTER cooling,
all else being equal.  But not everything else is necessarily equal. I think
the biggest issue is laminar vs turbulent flow in the head and radiator. Once
flow gets turbulent them maybe this worsens or improves heat conduction.  I
can see arguments both ways. For sure, as soon as flow gets turbulent, then
resistance to flow increases.  There can be a point where added pressure does
not improve flow much even without pipes collapsing

-Tony

Sent from my iPhone