[TR] Installimg TR4A door panels

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at TR6.Danielsonfamily.org
Thu May 22 18:45:04 MDT 2014

Are you saying that the hardboard has no holes for the Window and Door
cranks? I believe that's how Moss makes them. Your best bet is to use your
old panels as a guide and cut a 1" or 1-1/8" hole using a Forstner bit. (
http://www.mcmaster.com/#forstner-drill-bits/=s2z65u ) They're best used in
a drill press, have no center point protruding past the cutting edge so you
can cut the board without catching any vinyl. If you decide to use a spade
bit, I'd first drill a small hole through the hardboard from the backside
and then use an awl to punch through the vinyl. Now that you've found the
center of the hole, use a cutting punch to cut about a 1/4" hole in the
vinyl. That should be enough to avoid the spade center point catching the
vinyl. Then very carefully drill through the back of the panel with your
spade bit

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/PanelBootSales1.htm