[TR] Have I blown a gasket?

Bud R levilevi at comcast.net
Thu May 8 13:39:56 MDT 2014

Sounds like you've been basically running on two and the occasional 3,
maybe 4. You didn't mention how it ran before you started your testing.

Sounds like a head gasket  could be blown, but you might have an
intake manifold leak too that could mess with the carbs, foul the
plugs, gum up the valves, and affect the compression or all of the
above also.

You can always try re- torquing the head and seeing if that helps, but
since you have to take the rockers off anyhow you might as well do a
new head gasket if it points to that. What color is the exhaust? Ask
whoever might have been following you on the run if they noticed any
colors from your tailpipe?

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)