[TR] Identifying Engine, Rear and Trans for TR3

Loumetelko at aol.com Loumetelko at aol.com
Tue May 6 18:28:55 MDT 2014

I  cleaned up my 57 TR3 Smallmouth project enough to identify the  Engine,
Trans and Rear End #'s

Does anybody have a list of  approximate ranges / years for these items or
will I need to shell out the  $ for the BMH certificate?

Jonas Payne:
The BMIHT does not list the transmission nor differential  numbers, only
the engine number.  It is generally accepted that if those  two numbers are
within a couple  hundred of the car's Commission number  then they are
original and no one will argue.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana
54 TR2LD