[TR] TR3 oil filter

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 18:03:41 MDT 2014

I use a Fram PH2870A (or equivalent).

Pretty common as it was used in 4-cyl VWs and 6-cyl BMWs for many years
(which is what was parked next to the TRs back when).

Yeah, I've seen that website about Fram (seen a lot of 'educational' stuff
on the internet) but most major brands have an equivalent.

That filter is longish and, if painted an suitable color, looks more or
less acceptable in the engine bay:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/Ahwahnee18/TR4/OilFilters_zps65772c9a.jpg

Geo