[TR] media blasting

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 18:58:13 MDT 2014

In restoring my tr-3 I had the inner body sand blasted and with a warning
about warping the blasters did a good job.  For the other removable body
panels I used an angle grinder with big twisted steel brushes.  I also used
the woven fiberglass like pads 4 1/2 inch, scotch brand.  I found those to be
amazing in how they tear through paint down to shiny steel.  They are rather
expensive tho but so is sandblasting.  Eventually I moved to using the steel
brushes, which left sort of a film, then finished off with the pads which made
them last a little longer.  For the corners I could not get too I did by hand
but could have had a sand blaster do those as warping would not be a problem
there.

This went faster than expected and I was happy with the results.
Doing it myself made made me feel better than farming it out and worrying
about results.

just a suggestion
gary n.