[TR] TR3 colors

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Mar 24 12:39:04 MDT 2014

---- Andrew Uprichard <auprichard at uprichard.net> wrote:
> For the early TR3 (small-mouth) I see pearl white as the only white
> available (Piggott's book).  Is this a bright white or an off-white ?

Looking at the paint chips at
http://goo.gl/cEc9t1
I can just barely see the difference between "Pearl White" and "Pure White".  So I'd say it's off a bit, but only a bit.

Pearl is the only color listed in the 57 Triumph brochure that I have (thanks to Dan Buettner); but I've read several times that both the factory and the dealers were quite willing to use other colors, if it would help make the sale.  Supposedly Cal Sales repainted a lot of the early cars, because the factory colors did not appeal to the US buyers.

So, while no doubt there will be lots of people gleefully telling you the color is "wrong"; they weren't there and don't actually know.  And no doubt you'll get at least one telling you the rear turn signals are missing!
<g>

Randall