[TR] TR250 battery tray - car photos

Glenn A. Merrell - TSN StagByTriumph at triumphstagclub.org
Sat Mar 22 20:01:33 MDT 2014

Thanks Darrell and All,

I surely appreciate the viewpoint that it is only original once. But it
is also 80k miles and 47 years old, and yes, original, but maybe it not
would be considered a time capsule by any stretch. Still has the
bumblebee stripped hoses that gotta get replaced, and there are of
course previous owner (PO) and DPM (Dreaded Previous Mechanics)  things
that have to be fixed.

You might know that my Triumph roots are pre -stag.  My dad had a
Standard 10, my first two Triumphs were Heralds; one Sport 1200
convertible and one 1200 Salon both passed on to me after my dad was
done with them, then after wrenching at a B/L dealership through school
in the early 1970's my first TR250,  then a Triumph hiatus for 17 years,
then three Stags over another 17 years and now a TR250 again.

My Emerald Green 280 hp Rover engined Stag that I put +60k miles on
going to VTR and Triumphest shows is now in Texas to a happy owner who
has done a respray and new top.  My Bronze Stag that won 2nd in Concours
at Breckenridge is also in Texas, now owned by Duncan and Sheila Wood to
replace the one they lost to their house fire in 2012.  Both Stags can
be seen as fully featured on BritishV8.com.
So not my first rodeo with Triumphs or restorations, and I still have a
Stag that I am restoring which will be again very modified, but not
obvious to the inexperienced eye.

This is why I am evaluating the path forward with this 250 since I still
am a Stag guy who remembers my early Triumph roots.
See a couple of photos of it here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagbytriumph/13342281753/
and
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagbytriumph/13342140505/

I did a very detailed pre-washing photo archive  that I will be
uploading soon.

   I can  tune, tweak, rebuild and cleanup with the other perishable
replacements and DPM faux pas, it needs a few dents properly cared for,
then l have a fairly nice and original TR250.

Here is my dilemma and concern:  Would that still be "original"?  I
think the purists will say no, even though it is all regular maintenance
as indicated in the Owners manual.

Thanks for your input.
Cheers!

Glenn Merrell, a.k.a. StagByTriumph