[TR] Rough Running TR4

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Wed Mar 19 15:35:18 MDT 2014

In addition to what Randall said, I noticed you didn't mention that you'd replaced the distributor cap.  One thing I had happen once was the (graphite?) nodule for the coil inside the cap had worn so much that the rotor couldn't complete the electrical connection.  Randall's test for the spark would help you determine that.  And of course you've checked the simple things, like pushing the wires down into the cap to be be sure they're secure.  Or that the connections to the electronic ignition are not fouled.  Lastly, do you have a fuel filter that could be clogged?  How old is the fuel pump...etc and so on?