[TR] TR6 Head Question

James Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 12:22:31 MDT 2014

New plan for VTR 2014.  The 62 TR4 is not going to be done in time with my
hectic work schedule so the TR6 is going to NC for the hill climb and
autocross!  I am pulling the head to deal with a nagging compression issue
on three of the cylinders due to worn valves.  I am going to have hardened
exhaust valve seats installed to convert to an unleaded head and shave it
down a little more for some extra compression.  I have a set of new stellite
exhaust valves that have been sitting in the parts bin.  Do you need these
with hardened exhaust seats or is it a good idea to install those with the
hardened seats.

Also, just ordered the Eaglegate Toyota 5 speed conversion bell housing kit.
I like this one since you can keep the stock clutch setup with slave
cylinder, fork etc.  Picked up two W58 82-85 celica five speeds from the
local auto recycler for next to nothing and will be installing soon.  Tired
of that cranky jtype and ready for a smooth bullet free gearbox!

Cheers,

Jim Henningsen

Ocala FL

62 TR4 x2