[TR] Installing Spit/GT6 Needle Bearings (rear axle)

Martin Secrest moira.secrest at verizon.net
Tue Mar 4 08:35:19 MST 2014

Having a little trouble with this, so bear with me. I am wondering how much
pressure should be required to install new needle bearings in a used trunnion?
Having done this, it seems as though it is not a difficult press. I didn't
press them in - just used a soccer and mallet to tap them to the required
depth on the inner side of the trunnion. Is that all the pressure needed to
keep the bearings correctly located in the trunnion?  Thanks.

Martin Secrest